Ever wish you could find a story that would connect you to the trip you were planning?
Maybe you’ve tried to find books and stories about your dream destination, but…
- You’re looking for a specific type of book, from a specific region, and just can’t find it…
- You don’t have time in your crazy schedule to sift through book after book after book that isn’t what you’re looking for…
- You can’t find a resource that lists books by country or region of the world…
- You want to read small, personal, stories and don’t know where to look to find them…
- Whenever you search for books about a place all that returns is guidebooks…
Then The Global Bookshelf is for you!
I had the same problem. I was planning a trip to Japan and wanted to find books and stories about the history, culture, and politics of a place so different than where I’m from. Not a guidebook, but stories; novels, travelogues, memoirs, and personal accounts that would connect me to where I was going.
I couldn’t find a single place where I could search under ‘Japan’ and find an array of books and stories that would teach me what I wanted to learn; nowhere where books are curated with the traveler in mind.
So I created The Global Bookshelf; a place where you can:
- Search for books by country/region, genre, and author.
- Browse ‘region’ and ‘digital books‘ categories to easily find books in both the area, and format, you’re looking for.
- Find small, author published, books that tell personal stories by people who have been where you’re going.
- Read trusted reviews that look at books and stories from a traveler perspective.
- Join a community of readers who travel, and travelers who read.
- Receive monthly newsletters featuring books and stories being read by travelers right now.
- Connect to a world of stories.
Join Us And Connect To Your World Of Stories
Sign up below for our free monthly newsletter and connect up on The Global Bookshelf Facebook page.
We’ll look at what books travelers are reading right now, feature books from a particular region or country, start up a book club so we can share our reading, and stay connected. By signing up you’ll also receive The Global Bookshelf blog posts in your inbox too so you won’t miss a post!
I’m looking forward to seeing you around!
BEYOND THE GUIDEBOOK
Search our huge curated selection of global books! Stop wasting time searching elsewhere and coming up with nothing special. We shelve our books for you.
Still Need A Guidebook?
We have the best! We all need a bit of information to go with our inspiration.
BELOW THE SURFACE
Our author interviews help you forge deeper connections with the settings of their books.
We post in-depth, honest reviews so you know when a pick is perfect.
Don’t Go By The Book?
Me neither; I really try to live where I’m traveling, not just visit. Read my story…
OFF THE BEATEN PATH
No matter where your next trek is taking you, or when it’s happening, our Monthly Features bring you a world of reading ideas you won’t want to miss out on.
Traveling with Friends?
Travelers of all ages need books to prep for a trip as well as to keep busy while traveling.